Mission Statement

Bringing people and opportunity together through community involvement and revitalization.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Microenterprise: Testimonials

 Learn More      Program Basics      Testimonials      BP Online     Business Directory     Contact





Mr. Pettis has had several microloans with CCDI consisting of short term contract loans and a term loan. A $8,700 contract loan was approved January 20, 2010. Curdell has been awarded government and commercial contracts with companies such as  Newport News Redevelopment and Housing Authority (NNRHA), and USM Contracting which includes Northrop Grumman and Target Retail Stores (for a total of $90,000). These contracts allowed his 2008 net revenue of $175,000 to increase to 215,195 in 2009. Mr. Pettis recently stated “As a result of funding from CCDI, I was able to streamline my expenses and decrease account receivables resulting in a better managed business.” Currently, Mr. Pettis has four full-time employees, two part-time employees, as well as several sub-contractors.
 
___________________________________ 

“CCDI helped me to scale down and focus on the best way to approach my business –especially marketing and overhead.” Belinda also utilized her workshop Certificate of Completion in negotiating the terms of her lease agreement.

B. S. - Chesapeake, VA
 ____________________________________

“The contract loans improved my cashflow position, allowing my customers to see that I am stable.” The loans also enabled me to accept multiple contracts [resulting in his hiring two full-time and two part-time employees]. In addition to contract loans, I received educational information such as putting a [business] plan together and being more organized. I am now working on getting my class “A” [contractor’s] license and building certification.”

V. M. - Portsmouth, VA
____________________________________ 

“I was better able to understand how my business really runs verses how I thought it runs. With a better understanding of money management, cash flow, and the seasonality of my business, [until now] I was able to carry the business financially without an outside funding source. I also increased in sales by 30%, annually, since 2005.”
S. G. - Norfolk, VA